My Online Therapy's microphone and camera access via the platform is managed by Gruveo.
Please make sure that your microphone or microphone-equipped camera is plugged in as Gruveo won’t allow you to make calls without a mic. If the microphone is OK, see if Gruveo or your browser have been permanently denied access to your camera and mic. Please check the next two questions for details.
Please note that the My Online Therapy App is optimised to work on the Chrome browser, but if you're using other browsers please see below for some helpful hints.
1. I have denied Gruveo access to my camera and mic in my browser and now I cannot connect.
If you are using a desktop version of Chrome, do this:
- After a failed call, a crossed camera icon will appear in Chrome’s address bar 2. Click the crossed camera icon
- In the dialog that pops up, choose “Always allow www.gruveo.com to access your camera and microphone”
- Click “Done”
- A message prompting to reload the page will appear on top. Click “Reload”.
If you are using Chrome on Android, follow these steps:
- While in Chrome, press the Menu key on your device
- Tap “Settings”, then “Content settings” and then “Website settings” 3. Tap the line that says “https://about.gruveo.com:443” and has a crossed camera icon next to it
- On the screen that appears, check the box next to “Voice and video” 5. Exit the settings screens and reload the Gruveo page.
For Firefox on desktop, here is what you need to do:
- In Firefox, click the “History” menu item and then “Clear Recent History…”
- Select “Everything” in the “Time range to clear” dropdown box 3. Make sure the “Site Preferences” checkbox below is checked 4. Click “Clear Now”
- Reload the Gruveo page.
If you are using Safari on iOS, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device
- Go to “Safari” and scroll down to the “Privacy & Security” section 3. Make sure that “Camera & Microphone Access” is turned on 4. Open Safari and reload the Gruveo page
Finally, if you are using the Gruveo iOS app:
- Launch the Settings app on your iOS device
- Go to “General”, then “Reset”
- Tap “Reset Location & Privacy”
4. Tap “Reset Settings” in the prompt that appears 5. Restart the Gruveo app.