If you are experiencing some issues accessing your account or certain information within your profile, then clearing your cache and cookies may help.
By clearing the cache and cookies you are telling your computer to forget all previous activity, settings, and information. It is the internet equivalent of “turning it off and back on again”
Cookies are used to store information to track different characteristics related to user, while cache is used to make the loading of web pages faster. Cookies stores information such as user preferences, while cache will keep resource files such as audio, video or flash files. Typically, cookies expire after some time, but cache is kept in the client’s machine until they are removed manually by the user.
The My Online Therapy app is optimised to work on Google Chrome. If you use others such as Safari, Edge or Firefox it may be worth searching for how to clear your cache and cookies specifically for your chosen browser.
How to clear cache and cookies on Google Chrome:
- Hover over "History" and then select it when it highlights to the left.
- Click on "Clear Browsing Data"
- Select "Advanced"
- Select “All Time” for the time range
- Tick the boxes beside cookies and other site data and cached images and files
- Click on “Clear Data” and allow the cookies/cache clearing to complete
Article is closed for comments.